Issue: “Can't I find windows 8.1 update in the Store?”
You might need the latest updates from Windows Update
Although the Windows 8.1 update is downloaded and installed from the Store, your PC needs Windows updates, KB 2871389 and KB 2917499, before Windows 8.1 becomes available to you in the Store.
If you’re using Windows Update to get automatic updates, KB 2871389 and KB 2917499 will be downloaded and installed automatically.
If you’ve turned off automatic updates, if your PC is new and automatic updates haven't been downloaded yet, or if you’d rather not wait for Windows Update to do this automatically, you can go to Windows Update and install KB 2871389 and KB 2917499 manually.
To install the required Windows Update
- Open Windows Update by swiping in from the right edge of the screen (or, if you're using a mouse, pointing to the lower-right corner of the screen and moving the mouse pointer up), tapping or clicking Settings, tapping or clicking Change PC settings, and then tapping or clicking Windows Update.
- Tap or click Check for updates now, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your PC. If you don't have automatic installation of important updates turned on, you might need to tap or click Turn on recommended settings before you can check for updates.
- If updates are found, tap or click the message telling you how many updates will be installed automatically. In the list of updates, look for one that includes (KB2871389) or (KB2917499) in the name (the exact name will vary, depending on your system.).
- Tap or click Install to install all the recommended updates in the list.
- When the updates are done, you’ll need to restart your PC. If you have any desktop apps open, save your work and close them before restarting. To restart, swipe in from the right edge of the screen (or, if you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen and move the mouse pointer up), tap or click Settings, tap or click Power, and then tap or click Restart.
- After you’ve restarted your PC, on the Start screen, tap or click Store, and you should see the Windows 8.1 update.
Call Us now on 877-526-4466 if you are struck
Article ID: N001-01 ( Alphabet based on category(Network) – Article ID(Wired) – Article No)
Last Review: 3/9/2016
Revision: Rev 0.1
ü Windows XP
ü Windows Vista
ü Windows 7
ü Windows 8/8.1
ü Windows 10