How to fix: touchpad stopped working after Windows 10 update.
The crucial part of fixing the problem is to update the driver. To update the driver, first you need to go to the device manager.
1. Open Run command and type devmgmt.msc and you will access the device manager.
2. 1. The next step is to update the touchpad driver, but here’s the catch, don’t just click on the properties and update. You need to uninstall the driver first and then update.
2. Click on the Driver tab and then click uninstall. Remember, the moment you uninstall the touchpad driver, the touchpad stops working. This is trouble for people with intermittent problem and not permanent. So, get a mouse ready for backup.
3. After you uninstall the driver, you need to update the driver manually. DO NOT RESTART as if you do, your Windows update will update the incorrect driver for you and cause the touchpad not to work. We have made a tutorial here on how to update your driver using its hardware ID. Please follow that and get the issue resolved. Click here to find out how.
4. Now you are ready to restart the computer. Please restart as soon as possible and the issue will be resolved. If not, contact us via phone or chat and we will help you resolve the problem via our support.